As a matter of principal (both personal and professional) I spend quite a bit of my time keeping up to date with what's new in the eBook publishing world. Having built up a relatively substantial feed to scroll through, it recently occurred to me that I'm not the only one who could benefit from a list of new ePublishing articles to peruse while I'm going about my day.
With that in mind, I've decided to start publishing a weekly list of recent articles I think are important, interesting, innovative, etc. Here are this week's choices:
- In a sequel to his universally useful article on what not to do during a book launch, Draft2Digital's Kevin Tumilson wrote this piece with a slightly more positive spin.
- When it comes to the ebook business model, most of us are still figuring out our own best practices — which is exactly why you should check out Bradley Metrock’s interview with Scribd about their switch to an unlimited subscription service.
- Fascinated by all things digital? Then this article detailing a fully-automated bookstore opening in Beijing is sure to be right up your alley.
- I’m sure you’re familiar with the aphorism “the customer is king.” So is Kevin Callahan, who recently published this no-nonsense article on how to improve your user experience.
- Along the same user-facing vein, there are few things more important to a publisher than a good marketing strategy — luckily, thanks to Therese Walsh’s wisdom, your preorder books will be in good hands.
- As ebook lovers, we never get tired of defending our beloved and highly-portable form of reading — which is why this article in defense of ebooks is a particularly uplifting read.
- Last but not least, as an editor I couldn’t help but include this succinct but informative article on how to choose (and use!) the right editor for your self-published book.
That’s it for this week! I hope you enjoyed the articles – feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.