Help launch Risuko — support us on Kickstarter!
You can reserve your copy of Risuko: A Kunoichi Tale now and help support Stillpoint Digital Press’s publication of this exciting new teen historical adventure novel!
Author David Kudler has launched a crowdfunding campaign to help make Risuko the best book it can possibly be.
While Risuko is nearly finished*, there’s still more we’d like to do, and we need your help. Reaching the funding goal will help create an attractive, exciting, historically and culturally accurate thrill-ride of a teen book.
Some things you’ll help make happen:
- Producing an audiobook
- Final fact-checking by a historian (support your local scholar!)
- Advance reviews (Yes, disgusting isn’t it? Some of the major sources of book reviews charge small publishers simply to be reviewed.)
- Inclusion in major catalogues, trade shows, etc.
- Thank-you gifts for the Risuko Beta Team (a group of phenomenal teens and adults who are helping me to polish the final book)
Back Risuko now, and please share this with your friends and followers!
Risuko follows a young woman along the first dangerous steps to discovering who she truly is.
Though Japan has been devastated by a century of civil war, Risuko just wants to climb trees. Growing up far from the battlefields and court intrigues, the fatherless girl finds herself pulled into a plot that may reunite Japan — or may destroy it. She is torn from her home and what is left of her family, but finds new friends at a school that may not be what it seems.
Set in Japan during the Sengoku Jidai — the century-long civil war era — Risuko is a coming-of-age adventure for a young woman adrift in a tumultuous, terrifying world.
It is the first in a planned four-book series, Seasons of the Sword.
* There’s an old saying in publishing: “Books are never finished, only abandoned.” There’s always more to do! That’s the great thing about a launch date — it forces the author and editors to stop tinkering and move on to the next book. 😉