Not all assassins wear black
Some come wearing silk
A young Takeda warrior meets a servant who is much more than she seems. And teaches him what a warrior truly can be.
This is the first of six Kunoichi Companion Tales, prequel stories to David Kudler’s historical novel Risuko: A Kunoichi Tale.
- White Robes — Mired in her own grief, Lady Mochizuki Chiyome encounters two young women who give her a whole new, much more interesting opportunity
- Silk & Service — A young Takeda warrior meets a servant who is much more than she seems (coming soon!)
- Ghost — When Lady Chiyome receives a note from the shōgun, she finds that the messenger is much more intriguing than the message
- Shining Boy — Plucked off of the streets of the capital, an orphan girl tries to figure out what story she’s wandered into
- Blade — Toumi doesn’t want anyone messing with her business
- Little Brother — Returning to the monastery turns out to be as hard as leaving it was