For today only, we’re having a flash giveaway of Heather Albano’s thrilling steampunk time-travel adventure, Timepiece!
This rollercoaster thriller of a novel combines Jane Austen romance with Mary Shelley monstrous horror and then adds dystopian time-travel a la H.G. Wells! The first novel in the Keeping Time trilogy, Timepiece takes all of these very different elements and combines them in an exciting, romantic, fun romp.
A game designer as well as an author, Heather Albano mixes Regency romance, gothic horror, science fiction, sly humor, dystopian steampunk, and military history to create a unique, fun, exciting read that will keep you guessing and keep you on the edge of your seat.
Continue reading Timepiece Flash Giveaway!
With Bright Eyes less than a week from release, we wanted to let you know that we are offering David Kudler’s award-winning first novel Risuko on a special sale for a limited time — both ebook, paperback, and hardcover!
This week only, you can get a special deal on the first volume of Seasons of the Sword:
The ebook is only $0.99!
The paperback is only $6.99!
The hardcover is only $16.99!
We’ve never offered the book at these prices before, and won’t be likely to again — if you’ve been waiting to order a copy for yourself (or for someone else) now is your chance!
We’re excited to announce that the Kickstarter campaign to support the launch of Bright Eyes: A Kunoichi Tale, the second title in David Kudler’s award winning Seasons of the Sword series, is now open — and already 80% to its initial goal!
About the Kickstarter Campaign
This crowdfunding campaign, which runs through April 10, will help us create the best possible book — while guaranteeing our supporters copies at less than the retail cost.
As author David Kudler wrote, Continue reading Kunoichi Tales Kickstarter Under Way
We’re back! Here are 6 more interesting online publishing tidbits, coming at you hot off the (digital) press.
- Looking for tips on how to successfully interface with readers online? Don’t reply to comments when you’re hangry, and other helpful tips from Neiman Lab.
- For those not in attendance at the recent London Book Fair, here were bestselling author Joanna Penn’s main take-aways.
- Facebook’s newsfeed feature is constantly evolving — read this Social Media Today article to keep up to date with how to use its algorithms to your advantage.
- For those not up to date with Google’s new GDPR-compliant policy, here’s an interesting read on why publishing trade groups aren’t happy with the tech-giant’s latest update.
- If you’ve really been living under a rock re: literary scandals, here’s a quick update on why the Nobel Prize in Literature is postponing this year’s award.
- I recently stumbled across this list of best publishing podcasts, and have to say, I’m impressed! If you’re looking for a good listen, shuffle through a few of these — you’ll certainly learn something.
Also, Stillpoint publisher David Kudler posted recently on TheBookDesigner.com about whether or not it makes sense to offer your ebook for free — and the best way to make that happen if you decide it does. Check it out!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Feel free to let us know below!
April may be the cruelest month, but here at Stillpoint Digital there’s some good news — with a new month, comes a new roundup of this weeks most interesting #eprdctn-related articles. Continue reading Weekly Roundup
This post originally appeared on Joel Friedlander’s wonderful site, TheBookDesigner.com.
If, as I keep saying, an ebook is just a website a box, then in order to know how to get in and edit your ebook, you’re going to want to know some HTML. However you choose to work on the file, knowing the basic building blocks is essential in creating a finished product that presents your book to its best advantage.
When we talk about HTML, we’re actually talking about two separate things:
Continue reading Speaking in Code: Ebook HTML basics
Heather Albano’s Timekeeper: A Steampunk Time-Travel Adventure has hit the shelves! It’s available now in ebook or print form at your favorite store!
And since we know you might want to read book #1 in the Keeping Time series, Timepiece, before reading book #2, we thought we’d extend your chance to get the book free! Continue reading Special Offer: Buy Timekeeper, Get Timepiece Free!
Looking for a great way to launch your summer reading?
Last month, Heather Albano’s Timepiece: A Steampunk Time-Travel Adventure hit #1 on Amazon, Kobo, iBooks, Barnes and Noble, and Google Play in the Steampunk genre! It was part of a two-day promotion that was more successful than we could ever have hoped.
Well, in case you missed it, here’s your chance to get the book free! Continue reading Launch your summer reading with a free time-travel adventure!